This extremely cute sock monkey was brought into the home so I just had to try and take a pattern off him and make a mate! Couldn’t find a nice striped sock here in Putaruru, but he now has a monotoned Swandri companion.
Archive for September, 2009
Just finished making this handbag, not that I need a new one, but Stan declined a work hat made in this style and I hadto have something on the go.
I went to the quilt show last weekend and these were a few of the fibre art works that caught my eye…
The petticoat daffodils which were only buds last weekend have burst forth! I’ve carted these bulbs around for sixteen years now. Mum looked after them while we were away.
Finished this quilt about a month ago. The deer fence makes a good place to hang it from, but then I got distracted by the scenery. The cows in behind were quite interested too!
Denim skirt bag made for Kels.
This is the new thing I tried, tying a fly fishing fly! Goodness knows what would want to eat that…
And if that baby is a boy, he’ll be receiving this coin pattern baby quilt. Some of the whales in the quilting look a bit dodgey:)
This is now hanging in my work space, whereas the next one is in our lounge.
I’m a bit disappointed with the ‘busyness’ of the spare room wall hanging. Was interesting learning to paper piece but not sure it was worth the effort. I like the school house block but 5 inches was too small and fiddly.
Made this to give to a friend’s new baby.
This quilt was made for our friends from Bulgaria.
A cushion to give at a christmas swap. It was made using the itajime technique, where fabric is bleached then overdyed. Found a description in a ‘Quilting Arts’ magazine.
And finally, if the friend’s expected baby is a girl…. Haven’t made the alternate quilt for a boy yet.
Very pleased with how this huge quilt turned out. It was quite something trying to feed 102 square inches worth of quilt through the machine to stipple quilt it! I found the pattern in a ‘New Zealand Quilter’ magazine, designed by Anna Prussing.
After trying mosaicing once before it seemed a good idea to make a sign for my work space… sigh… that was a bigger job than expected.
Yay, it’s up on the wall! Also finished this weekend was my hexagon crocheted blanket, not for anywhere specific but made just because I wanted to.