Hot Water Bottle Cover (29cm x 21.5cm approx.)
100g double knit (8 ply) wool main colour
Small amounts of contrasting wool for the moss stitch band and crochet flowers
4mm knitting needles
For one side: Cast on 31 stitches with main colour
- Using stocking stitch, (knit one row, purl the next row), increase one stitch each end of the next five rows (41 stitches)
- Continue in stocking stitch until cover measures 10 cm from the beginning.
- Join in contrast colour and knit this row. Now begin moss stitch for 5cm. Start the moss stitch knit 1, purl 1 to end of row. Next row also do knit 1, purl 1 so the stitches alternate with the row below and you form moss stitch.
- Join in the main wool again and stocking stitch until cover measures 26 cm.
- Cast off three stitches at the beginning of the next six rows (23 stitches)
- Knit 1, purl 1 rib for two rows
- Next row make eyelets for elastic by k1, *yarn round needle k2tog, repeat from * until end of row.
- Now continue rib for another 19 rows.
- Cast off in rib.
Make another side the same.
Sew on crochet flowers or embellish however you want.
Sew both sides together, thread elastic through the eyelets, fold empty hotty in three and push down into cover. Enjoy!